Monday 4 April 2016

‘I’m absolutely confident I will be the nominee’ - Hillary Clinton

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton speaks at a campaign event, Saturday, April 2, 2016, in Eau Claire, Wis. (AP Photo/Mary Altaffer)
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says she’s “absolutely confident” she’ll be the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee but that she’s not taking anything for granted at this point.
Asked if she had to win the New York primary on April 19, Mrs. Clinton demurred.
“I am going to do everything I can to win in as many places as possible, but I’ve been through this before,” she said in an interview that aired Monday on ABC’s “Good Morning America.”
“I can remember how hard it was when my husband ran in ‘92; I ran a really tough campaign against then-Senator Obama,” she said. “I ended up with slightly more votes, but he ended up with more delegates, so we have a system, and I’m very confident that I will be the nominee, but I’m not taking anything or anyplace or anyone for granted.”
Even if she doesn’t win New York? she was asked.
“Oh, I’m absolutely confident I will be the nominee,” she said. “Now, I’m going to do everything I can to win New York. I represented New York for eight years, I care deeply about this state; I’m proud of the work that I did with so many thousands of New Yorkers, so of course I’m going to work incredibly hard.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

MY AD 2